Some people collect seashells. Or bobbleheads. Or stamps.
We collect definitions of resilience.
The Resilience Tree infographic presents 18 different definitions of resilience, organized by theme. We analyzed the terms across these definitions and organized them like leaves on the tree, with similar terms branched closer together. This infographic was created to help showcase the wide array of terms that are used to describe resilience.
The Two Sarahs recently presented this infographic at the Women Transforming Technology (WT2) 2021 conference, encouraging participants to think about their own resilience. “The way you show resilience is as unique as your fingerprint.”
Which of these words resonate with your interpretation of resilience?
- 5 Factors that Promote Resilience, Dr, Alison Block, https://dralisonblock.com/5-factors-that-promote-resilience/
- 6 Domains of Resilience by Jurie Rossouw, Small Business First, https://smallbusinessfirst.kochiesbusinessbuilders.com.au/6-domains-of-resilience/
- Building Resilience and Why It’s Important to You and Your Team by Joan Cheverie, EDUCAUSE, https://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/12/building-resilience-and-why-its-important-to-you-and-your-team
- Developing Resilience: Overcoming and Growing from Setbacks by MindTools, https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/resilience.htm
- Five Science-Backed Strategies to Build Resilience by Kira M. Newman, Greater Good Magazine, https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/five_science_backed_strategies_to_build_resilience
- Micro-Resilience: Minor Shifts for Major Boosts in Focus, Drive, and Energy by Bonnie St. John, https://bonniestjohn.com/books/micro-resilience/
- Resilience by the Bounce Back Project, https://www.bouncebackproject.org/resilience/
- Resilience Training for Educators by Martin Seligman, University of Pennsylvania, https://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/learn/educatorresilience
- Resilience: Build skills to endure hardship by Mayo Clinic, https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/resilience-training/in-depth/resilience/art-20046311
- Resilience: Powerful Practices for Bouncing Back from Disappointment, Difficulty, and Even Disaster by Linda Graham, https://lindagraham-mft.net/resilience/
- Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness by Rick Hanson and Forrest Hanson, https://dev.rickhanson.net/resilient/
- Seven Skills of Resilience by Katherine King, Psychology Today, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/lifespan-perspectives/202003/seven-skills-resilience
- The 7 Cs of Resilience by Kenneth Ginsburg, MD, Fostering Resilience, http://www.fosteringresilience.com/7cs.php
- The Resilience Breakthrough: 27 Tools for Turning Adversity into Action by Christian Moore, https://resiliencebreakthrough.com
- The Resilience Factor: 7 Keys to Finding Your Inner strength and Overcoming Life’s Hurdles by Karen Reivich and Andrew Shatte, https://www.penguinrandomhouse.ca/books/140295/the-resilience-factor-by-karen-reivich-phd-and-andrew-shatte-phd/9780767911917
- The Secret to Building Resilience by Rob Cross, Karen Dillon, and Danna Greenberg, Harvard Business Review, https://hbr.org/search?term=rob%20cross
- Types of Resilience by Nikki Anderson, Open Pages, https://openpagesweb.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/types-of-resilience/
- What Is Resilience? Your Guide to Facing Life’s Challenges, Adversities, and Crises by Katie Hurley, LCSW, Everyday Health, https://www.everydayhealth.com/wellness/resilience/