If you like to build online educational courses that showcase your authoring experience, try new things to enhance the learning experience, and work alongside a great team of designers and learning professionals, then we hope you’ll check out our E-Learning Developer position.
We know it’s important for teams to be able to work well together. Some of the things our team values: grit, or the drive to work through problems and to try multiple solutions; results, or the focus on completing high-value tasks that lead to results – not just time at desk; humility, or the knowledge that everything we do is impacted by and supported by the work of others, and a comfort with asking for help; kindness, or the dedication to modeling kindness wherever we go, and to always live by the golden rule.
As an E-Learning Developer, you would have the opportunity to:
- Work with people across organization, which might include
- Working with SMEs to gather content and to review storyboards and e-learning drafts
- Exploration of third party templates and games within e-learning
- Consulting with in-house graphic designers on visuals, illustrations and other design elements to improve the learner experience, or selection of relevant stock art graphics
- Creating standards, templates, and development guides (some of these will be for the client and some will be e-learning best practices for our internal team).
- Take ownership of all stages of instructional content development, which might include
- Creating measurable module objectives aligned to course evaluation strategy
- Creating storyboards based on provided content
- Developing high-quality and engaging eLearning solutions
- Integrating audio narration and video into course
- Creating review questions, knowledge checks, and end of course assessments (good multiple choice question writing best practices)
- Incorporating internal and external feedback into courses
- Testing and quality review of published courses
- Advocate for end-users and/or learners, which might include
- Applying instructional design methodologies and adult learning theory to course creation
- Creating interactivity within the course to engage the learner.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Background designing and building e-learning courses using industry recognized authoring programs
- Basic project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience publishing to HTML5
- Familiar with different LMS systems, SCORM and AICC standards, and experience working with LMS administrators
- Experience developing different types of e-learning – Simulations, Linear, Branching, Microlearning, and Video
- Understands and keeps their audience in mind before and during development
- Willing to try new things and innovate within their courses
- Not afraid to ask questions and posts on forum communities
- Good problem solver that will consider different options and tenaciously finds the right solution
- Adheres to project timelines and development milestones
- Remains flexible with changing client requirements
- Collaborative and able to work in a team environment
We are positioned to consider full-time, part-time, and contract-based terms.
Get in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you!